Take a modern approach to straightening your teeth. The best part about the whole process is that most people won’t even know you’re straightening your teeth. Main advantage? Comfort and convenience.
It’s well known that Invisalign is a faster, more effective, more hygienic and more comfortable alternative to metal braces. The relatively small additional cost of Invisalign treatments is well worth the many benefits and faster results obtained. However, were you aware that crooked teeth are more than a cosmetic issue? While it’s true that straighter teeth are certainly more attractive, orthodontic treatment with Invisalign retainers can have several overall health benefits as well. A fair number of people have teeth that are misaligned. Overbite is common; less common is “underbite”, or “lantern jaw”. In some patients, an extra set of teeth start to erupt, pushing existing teeth into an odd position. Occasionally, such misalignment can be the result of an injury. People can also do it to themselves by grinding or clenching their teeth frequently. There are numerous reasons why someone’s bite can get out of proper alignment.
This modern treatment which can address various dental and orthodontic conditions is not embracing the traditional metal braces. Impressions are taken of your teeth, then a computerized treatment plan is developed. The necessary correction measures for your dental problems involve the application of a set of clear plastic aligners. Each aligner is modeled to adjust a single tooth or a small group of teeth. These devices fit over the surface of the teeth, eliminating wires, and are usually worn 20 to 22 hours a day. The system provides the same beautiful results as traditional braces, but since the trays are made of clear plastic, they are virtually invisible.
Advantages of Invisalign
- Aligners are clear plastic, almost invisible, unnoticeable when in place
- Convenience in wearing and tolerable discomfort compared to metal braces
- Ease of use-aligners are easy to place or remove
- Easy maintenance since cleaning is just required at least once daily
- Improved oral hygiene as aligners are removed for meals, teeth brushed after eating
- Lower cases of tooth decay during treatment
- Shorter time frame for treatment. Results of studies revealed an average of 12 to 19 months correction period
- Decreased irritation to tongue and inside of mouth since causing objects like wires are not present
- Can be removed for special occasions
So if you want to improve your smile without metal braces, talk to your dentist or orthodontist about the benefits of Invisalign. If you suffer from overly crowded teeth or widely spaced teeth and wearing irritating metal braces is not something you cherish having, then the invisalign program is for you.
Disadvantages of Invisalign
- Not everyone is a candidate for Invisalign. The Invisalign system is for older teenagers and adults, and cannot be used if baby teeth remain. Children and younger teenagers will require the more traditional orthodontic Braces with metal brackets and wires. Also the Invisalign system is designed for only certain tooth movements. Major tooth movements, skeletal discrepancies, and extensive crown and bridge treatment can influence whether Invisalign is the right choice for you.
- The Invisalign Aligners are removable and require motivation to be worn consistently. You will need to decide if you have the self discipline to wear the Invisalign Aligners or if you would be better off with non-removable clear Ceramic Braces.
- Since the Invisalign Aligners are removable they can be misplaced. Lost Invisalign Aligners may result in an extra charge by your Orthodontist and may delay treatment until your new custom made Invisalign Aligners are replaced.
Why Invisalign and not other brands of Invisible braces?
Invisalign is what we call the Gold Standard of Invisible braces. It is a tried tested continuously evolving Product. Invisalign is the market leader and may be more predictable.
We look forward to meeting you and your family and having the opportunity to serve you. For more information about our orthodontic program, or to schedule a free consultation, please e-mail us at: email@example.com